Thursday, January 9, 2014

"Amen, Amen, I say to you"

When I left the Catholic Church at the ripe age of 15, I didn't fully realize what I was leaving. I didn't know that the communion I received at my new non-Catholic Church was so fundamentally different from the communion I had been receiving at my Catholic Church. I'm not sure why I didn't realize this. I had been through my First Communion, but maybe it had just been going through the motions and doing what I was told to do. I didn't know when I left the Catholic Church I was leaving the body and blood of Jesus.

I didn't know.

I am willing to bet at least 95% of Catholics who leave the Catholic Church for a non-Catholic church have no idea that they are actually leaving the body and blood of Jesus.

This is one of the best teachings about what we believe about the Eucharist. The Eucharist has changed my life. I must share it! It would be unloving of me to keep this secret to myself.





"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you." ~ John 6:53

kristy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely conversion story. I am an ardent reader of ur blog all the way from Nigeria.I even bookmarked ur page :-). God bless you.