Sunday, July 21, 2013

7 posts in 7 days

Jennifer Fulwiler at Conversion Diary is hosting a challenge to all bloggers to write 7 blog posts in 7 days, starting tomorrow. I'm taking the challenge. I love to write - it's therapeutic for me. But I always have so many reasons not to write - I have too many things I want to write about and can't commit to any of them, I don't have any writing experience to make me a really good writer, I am afraid of people seeing that I'm not good enough. Enough with the excuses, and this challenge is the perfect chance to get over all of my focus on myself. I don't care if it's perfect. There, I just let myself off of the hook if I say things that aren't perfect.

I would appreciate some ideas on what I should write about. I have around 74 things I'd like to write about. Maybe you can give me some additional ideas - something that's maybe not already on my list of 74 topic ideas.

My passion is theology. I haven't had any formal training in theology, but I love reading and learning theology. I used to think the very word "theology" was for people who were too smart to have a relationship with Jesus. But the definition of theology is the study of the nature of God. Wouldn't knowing God through a deeper understanding of his nature cause a person to have a deeper relationship with him?

As a former nominal Catholic turned Baptist turned Pentecostal turned on-fire, Jesus-freak Catholic, I have a heart for (1) Catholics who don't know the faith and (2) Evangelicals who are misinformed about what the Catholic church teaches (pssst we don't think we're getting to Heaven by our works). I was an anti-Catholic Evangelical (I'm not saying all Evangelicals are anti-Catholic - I'm just saying I was) for 18 years. I always wondered how in the world Catholics could believe this or that, infant baptism or confession to a priest, for example.

I should also point out that I'm not perfect in all matters of Catholic teachings, although I strive very hard to diligently and thoroughly present the truth of Catholic teaching. I will always present fact, not my opinion (because truth is not based on my opinion). And if ever I write something that is contrary to what the Magisterium teaches, go with the Magisterium. And if there are any Catholic readers who want to correct my errors, please do. I never want to lead anyone astray from the truth.

So what is the one thing you'd like to see discussed?

kristy

2 comments:

gina said...

1) Ideas for struggling Catholics
2) what do I do if I don't agree with everything the Catholic church says?
3) Leading a prayerful life in a secular world...

Beautiful blog :)

Kristy Z. said...

Thank you! Wonderful topics to talk about!