Friday, October 1, 2010

Yay, me!

This was a week of accomplishments for me.  I don't often toot my own horn, but I had two major accomplishments this week, and I am still beeming with elation. 

On Saturday I ran my first 5K race.  I. ran. the. whole. thing.  That was my goal, to run the whole thing.  Adrenaline carried me through.  I am hooked.  I must admit, I got passed by a speed walker (she was FAST!), but I didn't let the humility get me too down.  I ran and I ran and I ran (however slowly) and I finished right before the group of walkers.  Ha!

Then on Tuesday night I finished a book.  A whole book.  It was Surprised By Truth 2 by Patrick Madrid.  Very good.  I have not finished a book in probably 7 years.  It's really been that long.  I think I might try fiction next.  I love to soak in facts and especially theology.  But I think that fiction might be a fun change of pace.  And I haven't read a fiction book since high school.  That's too many years ago to count.

Time to sign up for my next race!  Go, me!

Kristy

No comments: